Coronavirus: current advice

Road map out of lockdown


The Government has set a 4 step roadmap out of lockdown and we can all look ahead to the gradual easing of restrictions and a route back to a more normal way of life over the coming months.

Step 2 of the roadmap is now underway (12 April) meaning indoor leisure (including gyms) can reopen, as well as outdoor attractions and public buildings. All retail and outdoor hospitality can resume, as can indoor parent and child groups. Domestic overnight stays (with household) are permitted and self-contained accomodation sites can reopen.  There will also be event pilots taking place.

For all Government guidance please visit


Changes to council services

Council buildings


The following buildings are now closed to the public:

Ditton Community Centre (operating as a SMART no-symptoms test facility)

Grangeway Community Centre (operating as a SMART no-symptoms test facility)

Kingsway Learning Centre (adult learning courses will revert to online learning)

Day services at various locations (apart from Hough Green see below)

Inglefields short-break respite centre

Registration Service: weddings must only take place in exception circumstances, with up to 6 people.


The following buildings remain closed to the general public:

The Brindley

DCBL Stadium


The following will remain open to the public with Covid-secure measures in place:

  • Children’s centres (all open for social care activity and early year’s support apart from Windmill Hill Children’s Centre which will be closed temporarily for a short period)
  • Shopmobility
  • Horticultural day service activity at Hough Green
  • Women’s Centre, Runcorn
  • Public toilets in town centres
  • Halton Borough Council MOT Centre

Waste and collection services

Household waste recycling centres will remain open, operating as now, with current Covid-secure arrangements in place.

There are no changes to the waste collection timetable.


Why is the road map being introduced?

The Governments four step roadmap offers a route back to a more normal life. The 4 step road map will be guided by data, not dates, to avoid a surge in infections that would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS. The dates in the roadmap are indicative and subject to change. There will be a minimum of five weeks between each step: four weeks for the scientific data to reflect the changes in restrictions and to be analysed; followed by one week’s advance notice of the restrictions that will be eased.

Only when the Government is sure that it is safe to move from one step to the next will the final decision be made. The decision will be based on four tests:

• the vaccine deployment programme continues successfully
• evidence shows vaccines are sufficiently effective in reducing hospitalisations and deaths in those vaccinated
• infection rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS
• our assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new Variants of Concern

Can I meet people outside?

Yes, you are able to meet outdoors (including in private gardens) either in a group of 6 (from any number of households), or in a group of any size from up to two households.

You should continue to minimise travel as much as possible.

How is childcare affected?

In addition to the ways listed below, parents and carers can continue to access childcare in the ways listed below. From April 12 all indoor children’s activities and outdoor parent & child groups (max 15 people excluding under 5s) can take place.

There are several ways that parents and carers can continue to access childcare:

  • Early Years settings (including nurseries and childminders) remain open
  • Vulnerable children and children of critical workers can continue to use registered childcare, childminders and other childcare activities (including wraparound care)
  • parents are able to form a childcare bubble with one other household for the purposes of informal childcare, where the child is under 14. This is mainly to enable parents to work, and must not be used to enable social contact between adults
  • some households will also be able to benefit from being in a support bubble
  • nannies will be able to continue to provide services, including in the home
What about grandparents, i.e nan and grandad, who help with childcare?

Grandparents who live in the same household, i.e. nan and grandad, can link with one other household so that the parents of the children can work.

You can only link with one other household at any time- for example two sets of grandparents who live in different households can not provide childcare for the same set of grandchildren.

If you are a grandparent and you have different sets of grandchildren who live in different households, you will need to choose one set of grandchildren from one household to provide childcare for.

What are the changes for businesses and venues?

The opening of non-essential retail (from April 12); personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.

Do these measures affect access to education?

All children and students have returned to face-to-face education in schools and colleges. To reduce the chance of the virus spreading in schools, twice-weekly rapid testing for secondary and college pupils – in addition to regular testing for all teachers has been introduced.

Higher Education students at English universities on practical courses have also returned.

Does my child need to wear a face covering at school?

Unless exempt, in education settings where students in Year 7 and above are educated, face coverings should be worn by staff, visitors and students when moving around in corridors and communal areas.

Schools and colleges will remain open for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. 

What are the changes to travel?
The ‘stay at home’ rule ended 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes.
From 12 April domestic overnight stays (household only) can resume and self-contained accomodation (like campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households) can also reopen. 

Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme.



Are there restrictions on weddings, civil partnerships and funerals?

Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and funerals are allowed with strict limits on attendance, and must only take place in COVID-19 secure venues or in public outdoor spaces unless in exceptional circumstances.

Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people. Linked religious, belief based or ceremonial events such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 6 people in attendance. Anyone working is not counted in these limits. Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.

Arrangements for Halton’s Crematorium/Cemeteries: The maximum capacity in the crematorium chapel is 16 people, additional mourners may stand outside the chapel and away from the graveside but they must social distancing guidelines. A maximum of 6 people will be allowed at the immediate graveside, for example you can have up to a maximum of six coffin bearers.

Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies must only take place with up to 6 people. Anyone working is not counted in these limits. These should only take place in exceptional circumstances, for example, an urgent marriage where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover, or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery.

Places of worship you can attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. You should maintain strict social distancing at all times. You should follow the national guidance on the safe use of places of worship.

Please stay at home where possible, a free webcast service is available for all cremations.

Can I go to the gym, gym class, leisure centre or a swimming pool?

Yes, indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools, have now reopened (household only).

Please visit for more information about memberships and booking sessions online.

Can I have someone in my house (or go into someone’s house) to do repairs or other work?

Yes, work in other people’s homes can continue, provided COVID-secure guidance is followed.

Please click here for more guidance.

What is a support bubble?

You have to meet certain eligibility rules to form a support bubble. This means not everyone will be able to form a bubble.

A support bubble is a support network which links two households. You can form a support bubble with another household of any size only if you meet the eligibility rules.

It is against the law to form a support bubble if you do not follow these rules.

You are permitted to leave your home to visit your support bubble (and to stay overnight with them). However, if you form a support bubble, it is best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected.

There is separate guidance for support bubbles and childcare bubbles.







What is a childcare bubble?

If you live in a household with anyone aged under 14, you can form a childcare bubble. This allows friends or family from one other household to provide informal childcare.

You must not meet socially with your childcare bubble, and must avoid seeing members of your childcare and support bubbles at the same time.

What support is available for clinically and extremely vulnerable residents?

From 1 April, if you have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable you will no longer be advised to shield. However, you should continue to take extra precautions to protect yourself. It is important that you continue to keep the number of social interactions that you have low and try to limit the amount of time you spend in settings where you are unable to maintain social distancing

People are still advised to continue working from home where possible, but if people are unable to do so, employers are required by law to take steps to make workplaces COVID-19 secure and should discuss this with their employees.


While we recommend seeking support from family, friends or a volunteer first, details of support and information is available at You can also call the Council on 0303 333 4300.

Supermarkets have committed to continuing priority access to delivery slots for CEV people already signed up for support via the National Shielding Support Service (NSSS) until 21 June, for people who registered by 31 March.

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the Self-Employed Income Support Service Scheme (SEISS) have both been extended until 30 September, and the £20 per week increase to Universal Credit will also remain in place until September.

For those who need to self-isolate due to a positive test or through close contact with someone who tests positive for coronavirus, there is advice and guidance available on the council’s website.

In future, formal shielding will only be reintroduced in areas where case numbers are high and will be based on a recommendation from the Government’s Chief Medical Officer.

Can I move home?

Yes you can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.


Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.

Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.



How do I book a test if I have symptoms?

If you HAVE symptoms; 

You need to get tested as soon as possible.

You can book online here or by calling NHS 119. You will then be invited to a test site – or you can order a home test kit if you can’t get to a test site.

What are the symptoms of Covid-19

The three main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a persistent cough or a loss of smell or taste. If you experience any of these symptoms you should self-isolate and get tested.

But if you are feeling generally unwell, with a combination of new symptoms you should also get tested. This is because there are other symptoms which people have also been testing positive with, they include:

  • Fever and chills
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • New persistent fatigue
  • A persistent headache
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhoea

If you have a combination of any of these wider symptoms, you should get a test at one of Halton’s symptoms-only testing sites. If your result is positive then please self-isolate.

If you HAVE symptoms; 

You need to get tested as soon as possible.

You can book online here or by calling NHS 119. You will then be invited to a test site – or you can order a home test kit if you can’t get to a test site.

How do I get a test if I DO NOT have symptoms?

If you DO NOT have symptoms;

You can visit either of the centres below during the opening times, but please remember, these sites are only for people who do not have COVID-19 symptoms.


Grangeway Community Centre

Grangeway, Runcorn, WA7 5LY

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm

Saturday and Sunday 10am to 2pm

Ditton Community Centre

Dundalk Road, Widnes WA8 8DF

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm

Saturday and Sunday 10am to 2pm


Click here to find out more about SMART testing.

Click here for FAQs about SMART testing.

I have symptoms, does the rest of my household need to book a test?

If someone in your household starts to have symptoms, then that person must get tested and the rest of the household should self-isolate with them whilst they wait for the results.

It is very important that people with symptoms and their household members self-isolate before the test and until they receive their results.

It is now an offence to fail to self-isolate.

You may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support payment of £500. If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for Coronavirus Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period:​ ​apply online or see support for individuals section here.

Do I need to self-isolate even though my test result was negative?

A negative result means the test did not find coronavirus.

You do not need to self-isolate if your test is negative, as long as:

  • Everyone you live with (or your support bubble) who has symptoms tests negative
  • You were not told to self-isolate for 1 days by NHS Test and Trace
  • If you feel well – if you feel unwell, stay at home until you’re feeling better.

Full guidance on self-isolating can be found on the Government’s website here.

Where do I find information on infection rates?

You can see the latest data for Halton in the COVID-19 data section here.

Or you can find information (including data for your post code area) on the Government’s website here

Support for businesses

Liverpool City Region Care Providers’ Grant

May 2021

The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Liverpool City Region’s childcare and care home businesses including a fall in demand alongside an increase in costs to manage within a Covid safe environment.  As a direct response to the challenges these businesses are facing, a new fund, the LCR Care Providers’ Grant, has been created by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.  The grant will be administered by each of the six local authorities that form the Combined Authority, namely Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral.

The LCR Care Providers’ Grant will be allocated quickly and efficiently, with the first funding to reach applicants within 10 working days of the application being approved, subject to the application being compliant.  Successful applicants will be notified by email, and payments will be made by BACS (payments usually take 3 working days to arrive in accounts). Please note, due to the volume of applications expected, it may take several weeks to consider applications and for applicants to receive a decision.

An initial “window” will open for receipt of applications for the Liverpool City Region Care Providers’ Grant on Tuesday 4 May 2021 and CLOSE on Tuesday 18 May 2021 at 5 pm. In order to be considered, applications must be received before the window closes.

It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete the application form and attach the required evidence, and we will not be able to chase individual businesses for supporting information if it is not included in the original application.  Incomplete applications will not be appraised. An application made during the ‘grant application window’ does not guarantee approval for payment.  Completed applications will be appraised in order of receipt by the local authority.


  • Registered Childminder; Registered Out of School Club; Registered Day Care Nursery/ pre-school provision; Registered Care Home (Adults)
  • All businesses must be an Ofsted registered childcare provider or CQC registered adult care home provider.
  • All businesses must be a small or micro business (as defined in Section 33 Part 2 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Companies Act 2006) and be able to accept the grant under Covid-19 Business Grant Subsidy Allowance rules (see section 4 and 9 below).
  • Operational premises must be based in the Liverpool City Region;
  • All businesses must be currently trading and continuing to trade with a view to making a profit or surplus (i.e. not a dormant company).
  • All businesses must employ 1 or more people (a sole director, or self-employed counts as 1 staff employee).


Business Grant Value
Registered Childminder £500
Registered Out of School Club £2,500
Registered Day Care Nursery/ pre-school provision* £5,000
Registered Care Home (Adults)* £5,000

*Businesses can apply for one grant per property if they operate more than one premises within the local authority area.

If your business operates premises in another local authority within Liverpool City Region (this encompasses Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral), and you would like those premises to be considered for this grant, you will need to submit a separate application to each local authority where the premises are located.


The aim is that the funding will reach applicants within 10 working days of an application being approved, with payment by BACS (a BACS payment can take up to 3 days to be received). Please note, due to the volume of applications expected, it may take several weeks to consider applications and for applicants to receive a decision.


You must provide information and documents to support your grant application, so the checklist is to be used to help you gather the information BEFORE you start to complete the application form.

It is essential that you read the accompanying Guidance Notes and Checklist.  Please also read the accompanying Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice for this scheme before completing the application form.

You must download the application form for completion and email your completed application form together with supporting documents to (for Early Years Providers and Out of School Clubs) or (for Care Homes).

Incomplete applications will not be appraised, second submissions will not be accepted. Ensure you read and tick or check ALL statements on the final declaration.

Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant February 2021

Applications for the Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant (February 2021) closed at 5pm on Friday 26th February 2021.

Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in due course by Halton Borough Council via an email from


National Lockdown support for businesses

From the 5th January 2021 the country entered a National Lockdown and non-essential businesses have been mandated to close due to lockdown restrictions.From the 5th January 2021 the country entered a National Lockdown and non-essential businesses have been mandated to close due to lockdown restrictions.A full list of business mandated to close is available at

Businesses which have been mandated to close can apply for a business support grant for the period of National lockdown depending on their rateable value.
Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or below are eligible for £667 per fortnight.

Business with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000 are eligible for £1,000 per fortnight.Businesses of £51,000 and over are eligible for £1,500 per fortnight.

Payments will be made as followed;
5th January 2021 – 15th February 2021 one payment to cover the 42 day period.

Government have also announced a one off lump sum payment to help support effected businesses to cover the current National Lockdown period. This payment will be made in addition to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) Addendum detailed above.

The Closed Business Lockdown Payment will be an additional lump sum payment as detailed below.

  • Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or below are eligible a lump sum payment of £4,000.
  • Business with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000 are eligible for a lump sum payment of £6,000.
  • Businesses of £51,000 and over are eligible for a lump sum payment of £9,000.
  • Each of the above grants will be paid per hereditament and separate applications will need to be submitted should you be claiming for more than one premises. By completing an application you will be applying for both support grants.


A further 44 day grant payment to cover the second phase of National Lockdown has been announced to cover the period 16th February 2021 – 31st March 2021.

Payments will be made to eligible businesses as detailed below.

  • Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or below are eligible for £2,096.
  • Business with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000 are eligible for a lump sum payment of £3,143.
  • Businesses of £51,000 and over are eligible for a lump sum payment of £4,714

In order to apply please complete the online application form – this application window will close on 31st May 2021.


Restart Grants

The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced in his 2021 Budget a further restart grant will also be made available from April 2021 to business which have been mandated to close due to National Lockdown restrictions. Full guidance and criteria’s can be found at

The grants scheme is split into two stands;

  • Stand OneNon Essential Retail will receive grant payments of £2,667, £4,000 or £6,000 depending on their rateable value.
  • Stand TwoHospitality, Leisure, Accommodation, Gym & Sports and Personal Care (Hair & Beauty Service) will receive a grant payments of £8,000, £12,000 or £18,000 depending on their rateable value.


Please complete and return the online application form to apply for the support grants.

Please note: Payments will be processed in date order.


State Aid

The Local Restrictions Support Grant counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance By accepting this grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.


Self employed support scheme 

If you are self employed, the Government has released the link for applications for grants.  For those who are eligible the scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant of 80% of your average monthly trading profits, paid out in a single instalment covering 3 months, and capped at £7,500 altogether. This is a temporary scheme, but it may be extended.

You will need your UTR (Unique Tax Reference) number and National Insurance number to begin the application process.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Halton Borough Council is the Data Controller for the personal information you provide. You can view the full privacy notice.


Other Business Support

The main source of information for all business support during the coronavirus crisis remains the UK Government web site at or alternatively Liverpool City Region Growth Platform site at

Please refer to the above websites in the first instance for up to date information.
If, however, you’d rather speak to someone locally please email Halton Borough Council’s Business Development Team on

We appreciate that this is a very difficult time but we are assured by government that they are exploring every possible avenue to provide support to businesses and to that end the Council and other public sector organisations are working hard to put in place the systems necessary to make that happen.

Support for individuals

Council Tax Support & Welfare Advice & Self Isolation Support Payments

​From 28th September 2020, you may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support payment of £500. If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for Coronavirus Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period:​ ​apply online

Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having a significant impact on our economy and services and we would like to reassure residents who are struggling to pay their Council Tax bill at this difficult time.

Your Council Tax bill pays for essential services that are delivered to all Halton residents. If your circumstances have not changed, you should continue to pay in accordance with the details shown on your bill so we can continue to provide essential services.

If your income has been affected as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak you should submit a claim for Universal Credit with the DWP on their website here:

You should also claim Council Tax Reduction direct from the Council on our website here: or

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax please contact us by email at


Essential bills advice

The Government updated the advice for those in difficulty with utility bills, or repayment commitments on credit cards, loans and mortgages, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.


Mortgages and Coronavirus

If you’re struggling to keep up with mortgage repayments due to coronavirus, or you’re coming to the end of a payment holiday and wondering what happens next, find out what your next steps may be.


Mental Health & Well Being


Useful sources of information, advice and guidance


Halton Local Offer COVID-19 page

Support for clinically and extremely vulnerable

We urge you to continue to access the care and support you need. You should continue to access NHS services, and you should contact the NHS if you have an urgent or emergency care need.

You may want to maintain social distance within your household if practical.


Work and education

As a general principle, working from home reduces the chance of you being exposed to the virus.

Where possible you are advised to work from home, because the rate of transmission of the virus in your area may be very high.

If you cannot work from home, and are concerned about going into work, you may want to speak to your employer about taking on an alternative role or change your working patterns temporarily (for example, to avoid travelling in rush hour).

If there is no alternative, you can still go to work. Your employer is required to take steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. Your employer should be able to explain to you the measures they have put in place to keep you safe at work.

Where some employers are not managing the risk of coronavirus, the Health and Safety Executive and local authorities will take action which can range from the provision of specific advice, issuing enforcement notices, stopping certain work practices until they are made safe and, where businesses fail to comply with enforcement notices, this could lead to prosecution.

If you have concerns about your health and safety at work you can raise them with your workplace union, the Health and Safety Executive or your local authority.

If you cannot make alternative arrangements, your employer may be able to furlough you under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which has been extended until the end of April 2021. You should have a conversation with your employer about whether this is possible.

All pupils and students should continue to attend education settings at all local tiers unless they are one of the very small number of pupils or students under paediatric or other NHS care and have been advised by their GP or clinician not to attend an education setting. Children and young people whose parents or carers are clinically extremely vulnerable should also continue to attend education settings.



At Tier 3: Very High, everyone may continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, as well as for work or to access education. However, everyone should aim to reduce the number of journeys they make and should avoid travel into or out of a Tier 3 area.

In general, we advise clinically extremely vulnerable people to stay at home as much as possible.


Going to shops and pharmacies

You are advised to significantly reduce your shopping trips including to pharmacies. Where possible, you should consider shopping online. If you do need to go to the shops, try to do so at quieter times and maintain strict social distancing.

You are advised to ask people in your household or support bubble to collect food and medicines for you. If you need more help with accessing food or medicines, NHS Volunteer Responders are still available to assist you.

You can register to request access to priority supermarket deliveries, if you do not have someone you can rely on to go shopping for you. If you have already got priority supermarket deliveries, you will keep them. When registering you will be asked for your NHS number. You can find it on any letter the NHS has sent you, or on a prescription.

Registering on the site just gives you priority. It does not mean you’ll definitely get a delivery slot. If you want priority supermarket deliveries, you will also need to set up an account with at least one supermarket and book slots yourself.


If you require additional care and support

You should continue to receive care at home, either from professional social care and medical professionals, or from friends and family within your support bubble.

You should continue to access the NHS services that you need, and you should contact the NHS if you have an urgent or emergency care need.

If you need other forms of help, including support to register for priority supermarket deliveries, you should contact us directly.

Click here for more information.


While most clinically extremely vulnerable people in Halton will have in place arrangements through friends, family or volunteers, for things like shopping and collecting medication, the Council is still able to provide support and advice for those who really need it.

If you need help you should call 0151 907 8363 (8am to 6pm).

More information on support available can be found at

Become a volunteer

 If you want to help the most vulnerable across Widnes and Runcorn there are a variety of opportunities you can register to help for with Halton and St Helens Voluntary and Community Action.

You may be able to deliver much needed supplies to the vulnerable and self-isolating; provide telephone support; share information and updates, and many other tasks .

You can register online or call them on 01744 457100, visit their website

Covid Data
  • There have been 20 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Halton residents in the last 7 days (to 25th April).  The 7 day rate is 15.5 per 100,000 population (to 25th April).
  • Our weekly rate of positive cases has remained at a similar level during the past week.
  • In total there have been 11,952 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Halton residents (as of 29th April).
  • The percentage of people testing positive has remained at a similar level to last week, and was 0.5% as of 24th April.
  • There was 0 COVID-19 deaths in the week ending 16th April.

 [i] Data for the last 4 days may not be complete. Source:

[ii] Source: Office for National Statistics



The weekly number of COVID-19 vaccinations provided by the NHS in England is available at a regional level here.

The data is now being presented at a number of levels, below is the Local Authority data – more data, including constituency and MSOA level can be found here.

As of 25 April

1st dose
Under 45 45-49 50-54 55-59 60-64 65-69 70-74 75-79 80+
      13,351          6,095       8,251        8,578    7,798       6,962         6,912         4,187        5,124


2nd dose
Under 45 45-49 50-54 55-59 60-64 65-69 70-74 75-79 80+
        3,352            1,058       1,211        1,411         1,483       1,972         5,703           3,896        4,780


Cumulative Total Doses (1st and 2nd doses) to Date