Halton Borough Council and Halton Sports Partnership would like to congratulate all this year’s winners of Halton Sports Awards 2019.
The night celebrated the talents of sporting individuals and groups from the past year, with an inspiring talk from former Liverpool and professional football player, Sean Hessey.
Karen Tonge MBE Vice Chairman Sports Partnership welcomed all attendees to the dinner and The Mayor of Halton, Councillor Margaret Horabin gave an opening address.
• Sports Volunteer of the year – Neil Flaherty for his work with Halton Swimming Club
• Young Sports Volunteer of the year – Ellen Lewtas for her work with Beechwood Netball Club
• Active Halton Award – Widnes Park Run
• Young Sports Person of the year – Theos McEvatt
• Sports Person of the year – Caitlin Seddon
• Club of the year – Finesse Rhythmic Gymnastics
• Coach of the year – Laura Hogg for her work in Finesse Rhythmic Gymnastics
• Lifetime Achievement Award – John Twist for his services to Snooker
• A special Award from the FA was presented by Sean Hessey to Mick Millea for 50 Years Services to Football