If you are planning a street party to celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June, Halton Borough Council has all the details you need to apply for a road closure.

To mark Her Majesty’s 70 years on the throne, there is a four-day bank holiday weekend from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June.  A number of national events have been announced, but communities are encouraged to get together and celebrate with family, friends and neighbours.

To hold a street party you will need to apply to formally close off your street. There is no cost, but your application needs to be in by April 29 to enable the Council to carry out the street closure process.

The guidance and application form are on the Council website. The information incudes conditions that must be met for a street party to take place  https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/traffic/jubilee.aspx

You can send your completed form by e-mail to streetworks.tm@halton.gov.uk or take a printed version to any Halton Direct Link office, or post to: Street Parties Road Closure Applications, Highways Department, Municipal Building, Kingsway, Widnes, WA8 7QF.

To find out more about the Platinum Jubilee go to https://www.royal.uk/platinumjubilee