Halton Borough Council’s Halton People into Jobs service is delivering multi-million pound employment programmes across Runcorn and Widnes to tackle unemployment.
These programmes include the Restart, Work and Health, and JETS programmes and a Liverpool City Region/ESF/DWP funded Ways to Work programme.
Unemployment has increased nationally since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and Halton has seen a similar increase. Halton People into Jobs provides a face-to-face, comprehensive and universal employment support service to unemployed Halton residents.
And now, new funding will enable the expansion of the Halton People into Jobs team in Runcorn and Widnes with the recruitment of approximately 30 new staff.
The following jobs within the Halton People into Jobs team are now available to apply for online at
- Advisors – providing information, advice and guidance to unemployed people
- Self-Employment Advisor – providing information, advice and guidance on becoming self-employed
- Employment Liaison Officers – liaising with employers to source local job opportunities
- Information, Data and Support Officers – providing administration, finance and reception support
- Team Leader – leading a team of Advisors on an externally- funded programme
Closing date for all applications is 17 October – so don’t miss out!
Cllr Paul Nolan, the Council’s portfolio holder for Enterprise and Employment, says: “It’s great to see that Halton Borough Council is engaged in delivering these key services to job seekers. The posts advertised will play an important part in the delivery of these crucial opportunities to those who are seeking a way into employment.”